According to HubSpot in late 2018, 48% of marketers planned to add YouTube to their content strategy in the coming year – and that number is probably a lot higher by now. We are using YouTube because we know it is the second largest search engine after Google! Now it’s time for you to consider this great marketing tactic as well.
We meet with businesses regularly who are interested in social media marketing and our conversations with them get into video. They’ll often give us a confused look and say something like, “I’m really just interested in a few posts on Facebook or LinkedIn each week.” Then we have to explain that social media marketing has changed over the past couple of years – if you’re not creating videos to post and incorporating a YouTube Channel into your social strategy, your strategy will be lacking.
Video on social media has completely changed the way small, medium, and large companies are communicating with their customers and prospects. Take a look at some stats from a recent tubularinsights report:
- 84% of consumers are watching videos on mobile devices.
- 64% of consumers purchase after watching branded social videos.
- 33% of consumers are watching during their lunch hour, 43% during the afternoon, 56% during the evening, 38% before bed, and 16% in the middle of the night.
- 49% of consumers are engaging with branded videos on Facebook, 32% on YouTube, 24% on Instagram, 22% on Snapchat, and 22% on Twitter.
- 80% of customers remember a video they’ve watched in the last month – and that means they’re also far more likely to remember your brand.
- Consumers are most interested in behind-the-scenes videos, funny videos, educational videos, and emotional videos.
Did you also know that using the word “video” in a subject line boosts the open rate 19%?
And if you still want more!…
- Boosts click-through rates in marketing email by 200-300%;
- Increases conversion rates by 80% when embedded in landing pages;
- Helps 90% of customers make purchasing decisions; and increases the likelihood of online purchase by 64%.
There’s no arguing how convincing these facts are about video marketing. Yet, so many businesses (especially ones who outsource their marketing) are hesitant to get started. Here’s why you shouldn’t be!
First, it’s not as costly as you think! We know you’re remembering that time when you had a production company come to your business to shoot a video in the early 2000s and the 2 -minute video cost you thousands of dollars. (We did it too!)
In comes the SMARTPHONE! Now, a marketing company can take professional videos using a smartphone. And, there’s a plethora of video editing tools that we use to make them even more professional.
Second, it’s not as time consuming as you think! We can record as many as 5-10 videos with our clients in 3-4 hours. That means MONTHS worth of video content in less than a half a day.
Last, it’s not as difficult as you might think. You’re a business owner – not an actor. You won’t be writing and memorizing scripts. We make it simple and natural! Here are a few strategies we use to make this process as seamless as possible.
- We come up with insightful questions to be answered by you and your staff which we prepare and share with you in advance. Usually these are your most frequently asked questions. You’re with your customers everyday so you can tell us what they ask.
- Another approach that works well is discussing a hot topic in your industry. You share with us in a conversational manner what’s happening in your business and what your customers would want to know.
- Doing a voiceover on a slideshow video is also a great idea and has been very useful for B2B companies to share technical information with clients in a video style format.
There are endless solutions to easily incorporate videos into your marketing strategy! Now are you ready to get started? Lights, camera, action!